Sunday, April 13, 2008

Abandoned Statuary

I arrived at work the other day to find a statue at my side gate. Someone no longer had use for it, and decided rather than dispose of it, it could be re-homed. Like a bag of zucchini, I assume it was deposited with good intentions, and best wishes.

I don't know it would of been every ones cup of tea, but I have a fondness for re-homed articles that appear out of the blue, it gives me a chuckle. My foundling was a Swan, a pedestal by design. It's paint is peeling, but it had a certain kitch.

It didn't take long for me to take it in and find a purpose for it. It may of been hoped I could sell it, but I put it into service instead. I had been looking for a table for my new reading nook. It needed to be small, and I was struggling to find the right thing. In a flash of inspiration, I topped the swan with an old mirror I had on hand, and voila, funky, and serviceable.

Thanks to whom it may concern, I love my new table.

If you would like to visit us, come say " Hi" you can sit in my resource library, have a cup of tea, and browse my gardening books.

1 comment:

chey said...

Lovely table base! Lucky you, and very creative as well!